Monday 23 September 2013

Does size matter?








  
  



Does size matter? I am talking about my micro clutch in case your mind drifted to... lets not go there. In the case of the micro clutch, I love it and I loath it, which is sort of like my feelings on tights and shorts but I will save that rant for another post. The whole concept of the micro clutch is a total contradiction, because when I argue my points against it they are often the reasons why I love it. For example; I can only fit my phone, keys and credit card in it. But on the other hand, that's all I need. Its small enough to get lost easily, however, it has a wrist strap so will never not be on my persons. It is too small to add any drama to my outfit, however, it is small enough to make a statement. I could go on and talk myself in and out of love with this item. One thing is for sure, it is more of an occasional bag for me... as in the odd occasion I don't need my diary or car keys or lipstick or any other secrets I keep in my bag, it really is like Mary Poppins' canvas bag sometimes. Saying this, I have noticed a few micro clutches making appearances at this seasons fashion weeks. Maybe I am missing a trick and most people have a bigger bag waiting off camera and a chauffeur driven car to take them to their next destination. One thing I will say about the Micro clutch is, it is sort of like a hat, great with some outfits, but not something you would wear with everything.
So today was an occasion I decided to go minimalistic on the bag front. To add a juxtaposition to my clutch I worked the oversized trend. What do you think about the micro-clutch? Or is it an impractical trend too far?
Hollie x

Skirt-Charity Shop
T-shirt-Charity Shop
Shirt-Charity shop
Boots- Topshop
Micro Clutch-Mischa Barton

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Nice pics and a great look!
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! That mini bag is so cute!

    xx Karolina
    CARAMODE

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool outfit! Would you like to follow each other? let me know :)

    http://www.dreamstylesplash.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to wear small bags, too, but to be honest, dearest Hollie, I don´t own a as small and cool bag like you <3 And I agree, such a size is enough for the most important things to take. I usually pack my bag of the day each morning new of this cause I don´t have many stuff in my bag :)

    Regarding your look: I like it as usual, it´s so effortless and totally cool but ultimate stylish <3

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig