Thursday 3 March 2016

Feminine Grunge Ft Mulberry, Kurt Geiger & Whistles
















Reflecting on some of the fashion shows I have seen so far this month I can definitely see a hint of grunge creeping back into our A/W wardrobe. So far my favourite of all the shows has to be No.21 (check it out here). The use of oversized knits with hints of skirts, bejeweled, barely there tights had me reaching for the darn and thread and to top it all off some perfectly formed androgynous boots. To me it was the perfect mix of femininity and masculinity. It is rare for me to watch a full collection and think I would wear every single item or in fact like the styling of them but I think thats why I loved the show so much, I would wear it myself. I can honestly say that if I had the money and the wardrobe space (I would make space) I would buy the whole collection. It was pretty close to perfect in my eyes. So, until I can afford to buy any of the items I will simple take inspiration and try work with pieces I already have in my wardrobe. That's probably my favourite thing about fashion month, you might not be sat F-row or be able to afford any of the clothes but it can give you inspiration on how to style the clothing you already have in your wardrobe. So, with No.21 in mind I decided to style this feminine dress with polka dots tights and some masculine boots. Topped off perfectly with my new coat and bag from Mulberry. They where a real steal and I think I'm going to do a youtube vid on them. 
Hollie x

Coat: Mulberry
Dress: Whistles
Tights: Walford
Boots: Kurt Geiger
Bag: Mulberry
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig